[Job] PHP/MySQL Dev, Boston, MA | 70-90k
Candidates residing in or near Boston, MA need only apply at this time.
My client is an exciting new company providing a local social network to 25-40 year olds in large metros. We target post-college young professionals interested in going out and meeting people, and provide personalized listings of the best events going on around town as well as a network of thousands of active people looking to meet friends, activity partners, and dates.
Their site is receiving an extremely strong response from users in our post-college/pre-family demographic (e.g. "Best thing since cellphones!"). We are looking for an extremely talented engineer who will help take the site's user experience to the next level.
Scope and responsibilities:
- Quickly understand requirements and assist in designing functionality based on the user community's needs
- Rapidly develop new interactive web pages and application features
- Implement end-to-end from scoping and design, to prototyping, to
refactoring/rearchitecture, module QA and integration testing
- CS or equivalent degree and 2+ year’s professional experience
- Strong software engineering skills, with balance between quality and speed of implementation
- Interest and aptitude for front-end development with user experience sensibility
- Experience developing consumer web sites, especially in the social or media space preferred
- Linux, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, AJAX, PHP, MySQL experience preferred
Location: Boston, MA
Reports to: CTO
If you are interested and live near Boston, MA, please submit your resume along with your salary requirements to email@example.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing