This is about programming a commercial BBS. Its name is neuroboard and its development has already started a couple weeks ago. This is an unpaid job (for now) and you are allowed to do other projects while working with neuroboard, but itd also look very good on your portfolio. I hope to begin selling right away at version 1.0 stable but that is very far off yet.
To program this BBS you will need the knowledge in the following:
- Object oriented programming (classes)
- What a BBS is and how it works (relatively)
- DB query syntax (SQL-92 format since we're mainly dealing with mysql although other DB drivers will be made later )
Here is what I have done so far:
- Base system that handles sessions, skins, languages, headers, permissions, etc.
- Forum Listing is pretty much done except for last post
- Topic Listing is the same way
- Users online is done, so is per forum users online. Both can be enabled/disabled using the ACP.
- The skinning compiler is done and uses the same looking system as phpBB. Variables are defined per-page and there are Loops. Unlike phpBB there are IF statements and nested IF statements (per loop). The skinning is very complicated so dont worry if you dont understand that yet.
- Admin base system is done (their own session handling class. It shares skin, language, and header classes.)
- And a lot more smaller things
Like I said earlier, NB will not cost any money to use until a stable release. The beta releases will have 14 day time limits so people cant just use those forever. Encoding will be done using IonCube encoder (http://www.ioncube.com
Please consider it and if you are even remotely interested contact me at my hotmail address (for now since neuroboard.com may be switching servers soon) email@example.com