This offer is addressed to highly experienced developers who are keen to explore the latest technologies, preferably in a nerd-environment with a team of developers who share a similar mindset.
If this is the case, we have the right challenge for you:
Jarlssen has existed for 7 years now. Our office is located next to the English Garden in Munich directly at Münchner Freiheit. We are the IT-Partner for our clients supporting development, maintenance, and on-going internationalisation for their platforms. Some of our clients are running more than 20 B2C-Shops with up to 5-digit order-numbers per day. The skill-requirements within our team are very high.
Since 2012 Jarlssen is Magento Gold Solution Partner. Our technology stack is largely based around Magento EE and PHP5, but we are very much tool driven – we always find the right tool to fulfil the requirements. Therefore, you should also be prepared for some Java or Ruby.
Our development methodology is based upon elements of Agile development, to include test-driven development, continuous integration, and a quality assurance department strongly integrated into the development process.
Almost all of your future colleagues are seniors and they all have an active interest in working alongside you and sharing their knowledge, but you have to bring the right skills and mindset.
• University Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or comparable education;
• Considerable experience in the development of online platforms and web portals
• We are a Magento Gold Partner, so guess what - Magento “know-how” is a huge plus. A Magento certification is not a must have, but you should be able to show 2-3 years of experience;
• Willingness to work with the latest technologies, to include Symfony2, Doctrine2, Solr, and Node.js;
• Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies, test-driven development, and continuous integration;
On a personal level you are offering:
• Team Spirit - we are working in large teams, sharing ideas and technical know-how;
• Creativity and original ideas for high-load software systems;
• Discipline, initiative, self-managing, and a highly organized approach to your work;
• The highest level of professional reliability and commitment to agreements and exceptional code quality levels;
• Logical thinking, a willingness to learn, and attention to detail;
• Acceptance of nerdish humour.
We hope that Jarlssen may be of interest to you and that you would like to be part of our team.
Please do not hesitate to submit your application should you feel you are not qualified enough due to not matching each and every point of the job description above. Remember, we are hiring people, not CVs!
As we want to get to know you, please send in the following:
• Up-to-date CV/Resume;
• Certificates and/or Professional Recommendations;
• Code Sample(s), preferably with comments explaining your thought process and approach. Anything in PHP, where your opinion is that you solved the task in an elegant way.
We look forward to your application, preferably sent via e-mail to email@example.com