Transactional emails are not going to hotmail customers

Forum to require and offer php jobs. Are you searching for php developers to make or complete your php script ? This place is for you.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

jomo1960
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Transactional emails are not going to hotmail customers

Postby jomo1960 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:44 am

Hi,
About two weeks ago almost none of my automated emails are making it to my Hotmail customers. I have a joomla website which is hosted by godaddy. The emails are sent using godaddy's servers. I need someone to figure out how to fix this issue
Thank you,
Steven

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: Transactional emails are not going to hotmail customers

Postby seandisanti » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:01 pm

It depends on why they're not getting there. It could be anything from aggressive spam filtering (once a few people mark your messages as spam, you can get put on a blocked senders list), to failed address etc. Look at your error logs, and make sure that you're failing gracefully (but verbosely to the logs). Then if it's in the budget, setup a hotmail account or 20 to send test messages to. On top of that, godaddy limits outbound mail blasts, you'll have to get the number from them, I've heard everything from 500 to 1200 per day given as a limit on their side. The fix to that would be to use multiple addresses for your email blasts so that each is sending fewer than the maximum; or use a host that doesn't set arbitrary limits on communication. On the bright side, there are a lot of hosts that are cheaper, but provide better service. Research for horror stories before picking a host, they're very easy to find because angry ex customers of hosting companies go to other companies and use some portion of their new space complaining about the ordeal with the last company.

KenGoDaddy
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby KenGoDaddy » Sat May 03, 2014 7:55 am

@jomo1960,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

As @seandisanti stated there are many reasons why the emails may not be going through.

There is a good chance that Hotmail is blocking the emails. Many providers of free email like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo and others tend to block emails they believe are coming from Form Mailers. As these are automated emails it's quite possible that Hotmail believes they are spam.

Are you still continuing to experience this issue? If so feel free to reply and I'll be happy to look into this further for you.

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Postby seandisanti » Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am

@KenGoDaddy can you speak towards the default mail blast limit godaddy imposes? Not like to justify it or anything; I think we can all understand why giving anyone with a default domain name the ability to send an obscene number of emails from an email address they can then immediately delete would be a bad idea, but as to what the actual number is.

KenGoDaddy
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby KenGoDaddy » Mon May 05, 2014 8:50 am

@seandisanti,

Good question!

We have limits in place for that very reason to ensure for spam preventative measures. The limit is set to 1,000 relays a day on a shared hosting plan.

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Postby seandisanti » Mon May 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Is that per address or per domain?

KenGoDaddy
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby KenGoDaddy » Tue May 06, 2014 12:34 pm

@seandisanti,

Thanks for your reply.

It is for the entire hosting account regardless if you are hosting one or multiple domains.

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Postby seandisanti » Tue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Thank you for the information, it was surprisingly enough to bring my opinion of your product even lower than it was already, but if you are in a position where referrals or business generation helps you, shoot me your information and I'll give it out to anyone who asks me about your service. In all honesty I typically steer them elsewhere because of multiple negative experiences I've personally had with your company and its representatives over the years, but every once in a while I run into someone that for one reason or another insists on going to your company.

Return to “PHP Jobs”