The company I'm working for in Koh Samui, Thailand, is in need of an experienced PHP front-end developer for an exciting web start-up.
The successful candidate will receive Irish standard salaries (negotiable) and a great relocation package:
- Return flight to / from Koh Samui Thailand
- All visa and work permit costs covered
- 1 month complementary accommodations
- Personal Assistant to help you settle in to Koh Samui Thailand. She will assist you with setting up a bank account and mobile phone, find you long term accommodations and will act as your personal tour guide!
- Medical coverage
This is very much a work hard, play hard work environment but with high corporate structure and ethics.
Check out what we are looking for:
• Exceptional developer and systems analyst/designer in complex, high
performance, scalable web applications with substantial traffic load
• 3+ years PHP experience and 5+ years working experience
page loading, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of HTTP and other web related protocols
• Exceptional experience with writing SQL queries, stored procedures, etc. as well
as designing databases for specific application needs
• Understanding of web application/PHP security issues (SQL injection, etc.)
• Ability to debug, profile and optimize PHP code
• Advanced knowledge of PHP running on Linux systems
• Able to work with end users in defining requirements and have some UX skills
• Experience with backend development an advantage (python/postgresql)
This is a 1 year (minimum) contract, with an opportunity to work remotely from Koh Samui (i.e. from home) after successful completion of a 2 month probation period.
This is a European company operating in Thailand.
Please send your CV to gina[at]metamedia.com
Thanks for taking the time to read this