Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Jobs

UK-based development project

Forum to require and offer php jobs. Are you searching for php developers to make or complete your php script ? This place is for you.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

UK-based development project

Postby philthegreek » Tue May 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello all,

I run my own small IT consultancy, and I am (hopefully) about to receive an order for a system I have designed.

The system will run on a MySQL database, on an internet-based server. The application is to be developed in PHP embedded into HTML, possibly with some JavaScript if needed. Some StyleSheets may be needed to define the appearance and keep it uniform.

I have many years programming and system design experience, but I do not know PHP very well and haven't really got my head round Java and Objects.

Ideally what I would like to do is to have some help for this project from someone who can:

a) Q.A. my spec design and ensure I'm not designing hideously inefficient databases in MySQL (I'm used to ISAM files!!!)

b) Go through the spec of all the programs and ensure they're all do-able in PHP/JAVA/HTML etc.

c) Get cracking and start writing this stuff, with me sat with you to see how this stuff is put together. Ultimately I need to be able to do all this myself. I'm already happy messing about with servers, SQL mgmt workbench, server mgmt etc.

d) Advise on the set-up of the system such that when it goes live over the web, it is secure and won't be hackable. I already have a hosting company and a domain registered for this application.

Now - this is paid work - clearly we need to get a contract into print between us. The contract will be with my company, and you will be paid on production of an appropriate invoice.

As you will be working for my company, I will expect to retain the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) to anything developed. I will also require some sort of reference such that I can see you have got the right experience.

If we work together, I will know very very quickly whether you know what you're talking about. If you've spun me a line, don't expect to be here beyond the first coffee break!

At this stage, I don't know if I am going to win the business, so I am not going to make any promises now.

Ideally we would work either at my house (south of Swindon in Wiltshire) or your house, assuming you have the kit to do so, you're not too far away, and you have a decent broadband connection.

If you're interested, please send me a brief CV outlining your experience, telling me roughly where you are (geographically), and some idea of a rate you are willing to work for.

Please send your applications via email to pint6x@hotmail.com and put PHP JOB in the subject line.

I will review anything that comes through, and if I hear this contract is going to go through, I will perhaps invite you along for an informal chat to see if we're going to be able to work together.

I'm an easy-going bloke, but I do not suffer fools gladly, so if you do not know your stuff, please don't waste your time or mine.

Thanks in advance

Phil

p.s. I am deliberately remaining fairly anonymous as I do not want to be plagued by recruitment consultants.

p.p.s. of course I am an equal-opportunities bla bla bla and welcome applications from EVERYBODY, provided you know your stuff.
philthegreek
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: UK-based development project

Postby Nullsig » Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 am

I am interested in doing this in addition to my real job. I am located in America (GMT -5). Depending on the scope of your project (estimated timeline) and your availability (I work until approximately 9:30pm your time so E-mail exchanges and early morning (for me) or late night (for you) meetings are the best I would be able to do.

As far as IPR. You can keep code that write as it pertains to your concept. I retain my own code libraries for the purpose of other projects that I work on. I will agree not to Develop a concept similar to yours.

Lastly, as far as my experience goes. I am a graduate with a Bachelors in Computer Science. I have Minors in Computer Engineering and Information Technology. I have a Certificate in Information Security.

I am the sole developer for a small multi-national corporation. My experience and ability in the languages you are looking for can be viewed in the multitude of posts on the forum.

If you think my terms are amenable, I will be glad to apply with my resume and pursue this further.
Nullsig
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to PHP Jobs