My name is Grant O'Neill and I'm developing a web site at the moment which is dedicated to hosting band web sites. As part of this, I would like to allow members to sign up and log into a personalised account, and upload / modify / delete files in their allocated space via http. There are several other tasks of varying complexity but this is the first order of business.
I need someone who is fairly knowledgeable with PHP and MySQL but not necessarily a guru. I cannot offer to pay you anything at the moment, but think of it as helping eachother out. Ideally this type of work would be suited to someone who is currently studying (or learning) PHP.
I need help developing a site; you need experience and a portfolio. We can help eachother out.
The position is voluntary, but if and when the business starts making money, the position will become permanent.
There are a couple of other things to consider. Firstly, being a voluntary position, there are certain guidelines:
1) I will NOT expect you to devote all of your time to assisting me. You work when you have time as you are the one helping me.
2) There is no guarantee of further and/or paid work but it is extremely likely.
3) You will be given credit where due, and a prominent link to any other site you may have been involved with.
4) You will not play hockey in a business suit. (Negotiable) ;)
5) You are not legally obligated to complete any work, but I believe that unless there are extenuating circumstances, courtesy and keeping to a promise should play a part.
6) I will be honest and direct with my opinions on your work, just as you will be with me. This ensures we have an understanding of what eachother requires and do not get offended by criticism.
7) You will not be required to do any graphics or design work - it is purely PHP coding and MySQL management. I do have some limited skills in this area.
We work as a team for a single goal.
If this sounds like you, or you would like more information, please contact me via email:
Remember you may not be earning any money, but I honestly think the benefits are far greater in other respects.