We are looking for someone interested in a Full Time
position in our downtown Chicago office (Lake and LaSalle). NO FREELANCERS, please!ABOUT US
Dom & Tom, Inc is a web and mobile (iOS, Android, Blackberry) development studio. We are a small company that values good work and good people above all else. Our culture is very demanding, sometimes chaotic, and definitely fun. We are growing quickly and are always striving to do more and to be better. Passion to become a better person and a better developer are a MUST. Please visit www.domandtom.com
to learn more about us, and to see some samples of our workJOB DESCRIPTION
Experienced PHP and MySQL Developer
What we are looking for:
- An experienced (4-6 years minimum) back-end web developer with a strong background in PHP, MySQL.
- Experience working with medium- sized projects from start to finish.
- Ability to lead a team of 2-5 developers and junior developers.
- A sense of humor, and open mind, and a desire to love your work and make a real difference at our company.
Your key responsibilities:
- Code all server-side elements on web projects of varying sizes, using primarily PHP and MySQL.
- Coordinate your team to develop the front-end elements on web projects, using primarily HTML, CSS, and CMS’s such as WordPress and Drupal.
- Interact directly with many different clients, including Enterprise level clients.
- Explain technical issues using non-technical language.
- Work with team members and clients to develop project scope and generate time estimates.
- Perform Quality Assurance of your code, and review and assess your team’s code.
- Manage deployment of websites and website changes.
- Work on-site with one of the managing partners who is our current Head of Web Development.Salary and benefits
This position is full time with salary based on skills and experience. This includes full medical, dental, and vision insurance; and the possibility of profit-sharing, performance-based bonuses every 6 months.
If interested, please email Tim Daly at tim AT domandtom DOT com.