Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Jobs

Looking for advice/help with a project!!!

Forum to require and offer php jobs. Are you searching for php developers to make or complete your php script ? This place is for you.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Looking for advice/help with a project!!!

Postby Mvallier » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:28 am

How to make this short but still get the right information out… hmm, not too sure but I will try…

My name is Michael Vallier and I am an indie filmmaker and film festival director. I also am self taught with “very” basic html web design but do a lot of graphic work with photoshop, illustrator etc…

I am looking for some help and/or advice with launching an intricate project. (I’m not sure what would be intricate in the advanced web design world, but this is intricate for me.) I did not know where to go and was not sure where to post. This is not strictly a non-profit, but this is also not a business. It is a project to support and help a community but like with everything when it grows and gets bigger, there are opportunities to grow with it which helps keep the project going.

So if I am posting this in the wrong place, I apologize.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I don’t want to give too much away over an open forum but in a nut shell here is what I would like to do:

As a filmmaker I find it very difficult and time consuming to search all over the internet for different things film related. Job and casting websites, film data bases, equipment rentals, the list goes on. There are many websites for different things but there is nothing which has it all and is user friendly. I would like to build a very easy to use/navigate directory for filmmakers. I don’t really want to get too much more into details, but I have some original ideas mix with inspiration from other platforms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am looking for:

I am looking for someone or a small group of people who would like to partner on this project as a “side gig”. I am not trying to get this finished in a stressful timeline, but this has been stuck in my head for the past 2-3 years and I would love to see this happen.

I don’t know anything about php, data basing etc… I need people who do. I am very willing to also learn what I can and take some of the load too, no problem at all.

What I offer to the project:

Well for starters, the idea. But that’s not all.
- I know what filmmakers want, need and what they don’t want and don't need.
- I know how to research and find the elements needed for the project and can gather, organize and create 100% of the content.
- I can do all or most of the graphic work.
- I rent a server which has more space then I would ever be able to use.
- As a producer and a festival organizer, I know how to lead projects and get things done.

So… Not as short as I would have liked to make this post, but I needed to get all of the details out. If anyone is willing to learn more about this project, please e-mail me at: mvallier - at - killerfilmfest - dot – com (You can go to my festival’s website for better contact info http://www.killerfilmfest.com)

Thank you for your time and if you actually read every word here, a very special thanks to you.

-Michael Vallier-
Mvallier
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Looking for advice/help with a project!!!

Postby jorgepinho » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am

Hi Michael,

I would like more details

Plz join me on Skype for chat:

lets.talk.about.help

--
Jorge
jorgepinho
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Looking for advice/help with a project!!!

Postby keith » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:31 am

I am a available for help.
I too started a website for car MOT testers in the UK (not sure were this forum is but I put here incase)
with exactly the same ideas as yourself.
I would like to help with this project.
first I would like to offer my servers hosting free of charge - this should help with building the site, I can also give some help with building and planning. I am no expert on php but I have used php and coded myself so I have a basic knowledge on this.

Privacy is primary when starting something new and I knwo were your going with this so I have an idea of what your trying to achieve.

I wont go on about all the security and the hardware I own including the building but I would like to help by providing sponsored hosting by using my servers here in the UK.

PM me if this is of interest. I will be here all day today
keith
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Jobs