Simple PHP/HTML (NON-Javascript) Chat Room script Needed

Forum to require and offer php jobs. Are you searching for php developers to make or complete your php script ? This place is for you.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Risa
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Simple PHP/HTML (NON-Javascript) Chat Room script Needed

Postby Risa » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Brief:
------
Hi.

I am looking for someone with good knowledge of PHP/HTML to make a simple PHP/HTML (MySQL Allowed) Chat Room script which does NOT use Javascript.

Features:
- Moderator/Guest Login
- Chat Room (possibly with the ability to add more rooms - this can be done via source code or in-app - this is NOT necessary)
- Moderator control commands (kick, ban ip for x minutes)
- A smooth chat experience
- User List (PM available)
- Word list which auto Kicks/Bans IP
The source files should not be to complex where possible and easy to understand to allow for tweaks.

Apply
-------
If your interested, I would love to hear from you!

Please contact me either via:

PM
risa1@email.com

Thanks.

Nullsig
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: Simple PHP/HTML (NON-Javascript) Chat Room script Needed

Postby Nullsig » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:41 am

To have real time chat you MUST have javascript or flash.

Well, technically that isn't true but the other option is constant refreshes that will give most people a seizure and break the requirement of "A smooth chat experience"

HTML is not "smart" enough to handle chat on its own, and PHP doesn't have the client side access necessary for chat.

Essentially the closest you can get to a Chat Room script with the PHP/HTML only requirement would be a Forum. It satisfies all of your requirements but some use JavaScript.

Why are you so opposed to JS?

gandahar
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby gandahar » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 am

Nullsig wrote:To have real time chat you MUST have javascript or flash.

Well, technically that isn't true but the other option is constant refreshes that will give most people a seizure and break the requirement of "A smooth chat experience"

HTML is not "smart" enough to handle chat on its own, and PHP doesn't have the client side access necessary for chat.

Essentially the closest you can get to a Chat Room script with the PHP/HTML only requirement would be a Forum. It satisfies all of your requirements but some use JavaScript.

Why are you so opposed to JS?

I agree,

we can do everything in html/php and use javascript only for the "A smooth chat experience" requirement (1 javascript command)

mahureen
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby mahureen » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:04 pm

What does anyone feel about a spouse chatting on the internet with the opposite sex? I was wondering, what do people think about a husband or a wife chatting on the internet with the opposite sex? I am a christian and feel like it is wrong.

egami
php-forum GURU
php-forum GURU

Postby egami » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 am

You're a spam bot... and not a very good one. I'll keep this here for entertainment purposes.

Return to “PHP Jobs”