Advertiser network tips

Bar discussions . Talk about everything not only php !. Guests are welcome here , forum registration is not required.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

TrickyRic
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Advertiser network tips

Postby TrickyRic » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:43 am

I have now been running my own advertiser network for a couple of months allowing people to advertise on my sites by basically creating an account, choosing a site, uploading a banner, and buying some impressions. Seemed like a great idea while I was developing it, but although the traffic of at least some of my websites has been sky high for quite some time, I've yet to sell any space. The ads currently in the system are for me and my fiancee.

Does anybody have any tips for success? The system is running on 5 of my websites, 1 ad block per page and shows "Advertise here" adverts as well as uploaded ads. Plenty of people seem to be clicking the adverts, and plenty are reaching the ad network website itself, but they're not signing up. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here so I'll wait to be asked.

Pricing is currently $1 USD for 5,000 impressions, $2 for 10,000, and $3 for 20,000. Surely that's a good deal?

I've been trying to market the network itself recently, but can't find any listings that allow you to suggest a link. Seems these things aren't the easiest to advertise, ironically.

Thanks.

Return to “Free time”