Hi all in the group

Bar discussions . Talk about everything not only php !. Guests are welcome here , forum registration is not required.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

g7viu
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Hi all in the group

Postby g7viu » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:26 am

Hi All

Just a quick post to introduce myself, I am a new user / learner of PHP and I found this forum via searching for PHP help.

I am a web developer (primarily HTML/Javascript) but I need to get up to speed quickly with other web technologies.

I have installed PHP / My SQL and Apache http: server on my Windows Vista development machine. After many frustrating trys at installing the PHP system I realised that I needed to turn off the User Account Control to get the PHP Msi installer to work properly.

Oh well, I am sure that the above slight problem will be the start of a wonderful learning curve.

The whole system is now up and running <%php phpinfo %> works and is showing the php config screen so I must have done something right.

Hope to see you all on here soon, and I am looking forward to both sharing scripts and giving help when I can.

regards
David
g7viu

Alexej Kubarev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi all in the group

Postby Alexej Kubarev » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:49 am

Hey and welcome =)

Not often people are posting to introduce themselves, so its always nice when someone does.
I hope you enjoy your stay here and find solutions to any problems you may encounter.

Over the past few years running we have probably replied to most of the problems people may encounter while learning PHP and have even created several tutorials, so feel free to search the forum to see if anything has been said before.

About Vista UAC. Actually all you had to do is simply run the installer as Adminitrator (by right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator). However i always suggest you using ZIP/Tarball archives instead of installers for PHP.
For Apache and MySQL is better to use installers thou.

Return to “Free time”