Page 2 of 2

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:46 pm
by Ben
xskater wrote:u must use mozilla's firefox

yep.
that's the best browser avaiable ...

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:45 am
by Alex
Firefox is the best!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:37 am
by sadisticmachine
I have 3 little letters for firefox:

W3frickinC

Why the hell do we set standards if nobody is going to comply. Web designers are going to pass stock brokers for top suicide rate if we don't start listening to conventions.

MSIE is not perfect in this department (I think NS7 might be the most compliant, but its been awhile since I used it) and the fact that they STILL do not support 32bit png alpha is kind of annoying me, but it at least attempts to follow w3c standards. I'm not going to support a browser that just displays CSS in whatever way feels good. Curse you, firefox!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:24 am
by swirlee
I can't figure out whether you're trying to evangelize IE or Firefox in your post, since it doesn't contain any unambiguous qualifying statements. Might want to re-tool it a bit.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:37 am
by Alexej Kubarev
Swirlee: its simple -firefox rocks ;)
The thing i like about IE was windows.createPopup() ... but i went around that and now i have absdolutely no problems with Firefox... however that pisses me off that when everything is okej in Firefox -- something myght be f**ked up in IE :S

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:35 am
by victor123
Hi,

I think the problem is whether the navigator you are using is suited for viewing websites or not. Many sites are developed only for IE and it that is a problem. I personally use NS, Firefox, IE and Opera depending of my needs. For example, Opera is great for developing accesible-oriented sites (anyone heard about WAI?). As far as i know, none of the above follow W3C standards...

NS gives you the possibility of choosing the display of IE and of Firefox which i think is very interesting, the flexibility in selecting secutiry options is also higher i feel. On the other side, i find IE faster to load and integrated with many more tools than the others... (i.e. the google toolbar, they only recently have produced a version for firefox).

Regards.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:21 am
by Alexej Kubarev
WOW! W3C standards is the most important part of the FF core... so you are wrong there...
if you follow W3C standards for developing a website: in FF it is displayed EXACTLY like it should while in IE with some possible problems... however there still is a workaround for all of them..

So FF is the MOST complient browser..

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:52 am
by WiZARD
Now I'm use Opera8 not beta.

In IE have a problem: I cannot open more then 10 pages, - memory leak. In Opera I'm not have a same problem.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:05 am
by Alexej Kubarev
Firefox forever!!!!

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:41 am
by WiZARD
Alexei Kubarev wrote:Firefox forever!!!!

Maybe, but Opera8 faster!

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:41 am
by Alexej Kubarev
not when 1.5 is out... its REALLY fast on ALL rendering and downloading... plus its 100% w3c complient and follows more rules then any other browser... hehe :)

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:11 am
by WiZARD
Alexei Kubarev wrote:not when 1.5 is out... its REALLY fast on ALL rendering and downloading... plus its 100% w3c complient and follows more rules then any other browser... hehe :)

As I know FireFox last version is 1.0.6 what you talking about 1.5?

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:03 am
by Alexej Kubarev
the 1.1 had a version bump to 1.5.. its in beta testing now after 1.8 branching.. therefore 1.5 is soon to be released
hehe... you just dont follow all the news like i do..

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:55 am
by WiZARD
Alexei Kubarev wrote:the 1.1 had a version bump to 1.5.. its in beta testing now after 1.8 branching.. therefore 1.5 is soon to be released
hehe... you just dont follow all the news like i do..

yap! exactly.... yesterday, I'm download last release. And you are tell me about mystycal versions.... ну-ну.....

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:55 am
by victor123
I like more the feel of firefox, but i had problems with some code that in other navigators looked fine... when i adjust tables to 100% width i have experienced some problems of horizontal scrolling only in firefox and mozilla... dunno the reason, so i try now to develop in firefox/ns and then adjust to ie...

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:39 pm
by Alexej Kubarev
i think you are simply using a technique that is not 100% correct.
I have never had any problems with the way I do my coding... everything works just fine in All browsers

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:31 pm
by victor123
Well, yeah, that's the other possibility... ;-) forgot to mention it though...

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:19 am
by WiZARD
The best of the best is the best browser it's a LYNX! It's Faster browser in the world

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:19 am
by Alexej Kubarev
lol text-only as i recall :P

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:02 am
by WiZARD
Alexei Kubarev wrote:lol text-only as i recall :P

Yap, Text - only..... but speed.... :o)

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:46 am
by Virtuoso
Firefox deleted all my favorites...
I had over 100+ also...

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:48 am
by Alexej Kubarev
Well: if you dont know how to do it:; dont touch anything.. you seem to be the only one that has this problem... ofcourse if you didnt take the latest trunk: that one might have problems..