Emachines brand good?

Bar discussions . Talk about everything not only php !. Guests are welcome here , forum registration is not required.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Skeletor
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Emachines brand good?

Postby Skeletor » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:57 am

Hello all. I just decided to buy a laptop. I went with the emachines M6805, which has the AMD 64bit processor. I was wondering if anyone out there has heard/experienced good or bad things with emachines brand?

My problem is I can't get the wireless card to work, and I also have a bad pixal in the screen. They are supposed to be sending me a shipment box to send it in and have it fixed. I'm just paranoid this is a sign that I should have went with a better name brand and just paid the extra $$$.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else has this brand, or has heard any good/horror stories. later...

bezmond

Postby bezmond » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:09 am

Hey,
My brother uses an eMachines PC... I've not seen any problems with it. I had to hook it up to my network for him because he's useless...

The network card (on-board port) decided to switch off once - it took it a day or so to come back on... I never did figure out why it did that!

Anyway,
Hope that helped...

Andrew

liquedus
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Postby liquedus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:06 pm

I've read in some online reviews of people complaining of having a bad pixel on the screen..... but then they were satisfied since they claimed eMachines had good support and warranties and what-not.... but I cant speak from personal experience... myself I went with a compaq 2170 couple of months ago and havent looked back.... :wink:

swirlee

Postby swirlee » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:26 pm

I can't say much about the brand, but I thought it might interest you to know that eMachines is being acquired by Gateway. So keep an eye on your service contract and whatnot.

Return to “Free time”