I need your quick help. I am an entrepreneur and expert in SAP implementation. I have just started a Web Development Company focusing on PHP Development, for which I have hired people who knows Core PHP very well. Initially all goes well but now I am receiving enquiries for high end work.
Currently, I have several projects for Joomla, Magento and other PHP framework based applications, specially on MVC, CakePHP etc. But I am having some challenges, so hope some senior developers can guide me:
1) Though my current team of Core PHP Developers do handle all projects but their output is very slow. They take lot of time for making even small changes and understand these Framework concepts, and obviously they should because they are not experts
2) Generally my projects budget is not huge, so most of them are in range of $500 to $1000 so I can’t hire highly paid resources. Though my current team strength is 30
3) My partner has left and I don’t know much about PHP since I am from functional domain.
Where I need help
1) Is it better option that I get training for my team from an expert on any of these frameworks? How much time do you think they may take to learn it?
2) Is it better I hire a Team Leader with good PHP knowledge once my team has gone through basic training ? I know, if my current team don’t know any framework, even a good team leader won’t be able to handle everything from scratch
3) If anyone knows any of PHP framework, would he be able to handle Magento, Joomla and other open source apps projects alone? Or I will have to hire developer for each of these applications separately?
Please note: I currently do not have big profit margins so can’t hire each expert separately, but yes can spend money in development of my current team because they all are intelligent and hardworking, just need some guidance.
Thanks for your help