Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

Back to result page

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Back to result page

Postby Wacko2019 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:42 am

Hello everybody,

I've got a problem with a search page I've developed.

The problem has got to do with 3 different pages:
The first page is a page you can fill out with terms and conditions to search for. When you press the button on de bottem of the first page, you will be send to the result page, wich nicely shows all the "correct" results. It also shows a code wich is clickable and wich will take you to the third page wich contains a description of the code. This page also contains some links with pages concerning that same code.

My problem is the following:

I want a button or a link on the third page that will take you back to the second page showing the exact same results. My first thought was to take the query wich loads the results and pass it on to the third site and every link on that third site so when you press the back to results link you would be taken back to the second page loading the query again.

Although this seemed to be working with small query's, it doesn't anymore after you've loaded a big query containing lot's of text.
According to me, this problem persists due to the fact the adres bar can't take this amount of text.

Anybody got a solution for this problem???

Greetz Helgo Rongen.
Wacko2019
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Joan Garnet » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:15 am

I don't know if I understood it...
but, if you want to go back to the previous page with the same information as before, just use javascript:

Code: Select all
<a href="javascript:history.back()">back to previous page</a>
Joan Garnet

Return to PHP coding => General