Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

A Newbie needs help

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

A Newbie needs help

Postby prd0 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:21 am

Hi, I have some question...
1. How I can let the progress shown on PHP screen, i.e retrieve the process or fields while SQL is working? Not like normal progress bar, but enough like...
Please wait...
querying SQL server...
creating chart...
I tried to put that on code, but it's just not appear on the screen until everything finished.
2. How I can postpone the timer at PHP. I set timers for 30secs, but if the script gets longer because of waiting for SQL Server, the script is just terminated. But I don't want the script to be in loop position forever, so I still need the timer, but want to postpone or pause the timer only when i request some query to SQL Server
3. How I can control table width dynamically, according to columns types. i.e. Qty columns will have less width than total column, and total column width is much less than information or reason column, but still make them fit in one screen (100% width table)
4. How can I make the Header/Detail form that can executes only using enter button?

Well.. that's all I think...
Thank you.
prd0
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Oleg Butuzov » Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:55 am

1)
echo "Progres Bar";
for ($data=mysql_fetch_array($query))
{
echo "|";
}

2) set_time_limit();

3) According db types ? hmmmm...
Algoritm!
detect field type...
every filed type have a size...
print your table...

4) if i udestood you.
<form method=post action=hesderdata.php><input type=submit value=enter></form>
Oleg Butuzov
Last Samuray
Last Samuray

Postby prd0 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:19 pm

thank you...

The progress bar is not able to be shown until everything finished. And the progress bar is not needed for reading the record, because i do most of the job on SQL server using some SQL commands at once, i only need to display "waiting for server" message. But thank you... that will do ..

For the tables, i need to display everything on 100% width table. So I must scale them up/down to 100%, I am using varchar, and not every char field is the same. So I want to scale up/down the table according to the maximum length of the contents, which is if summed up become 100% width
<TABLE WIDTH="100%"></TABLE>

For the form, I mean, to detect the values, So, the first time it press enter, the cursor moves to qty column, the next enter cursor moves to the next row on barcode column. Because I am using barcode reader that always send <CR> code after reading the value. I want to make it very simple for the people to use, so that they will only enter the code, then enter qty without any mouse or tab button, the other reason is the cashier won't have any mouse attached to their computer.
prd0
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => General