Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

Credit card processing

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Credit card processing

Postby tryton » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm

Don't know if this is the appropriate forum but I'm doing some research on credit card processing through my website.

What I want to know is, what is the concensus when coding for processing for a site?? In other words, how hard is it to design code to take credit cards for processing using "https:" pages. Or would it be a whole lot easier and worth the money to use a company like Verisign?? Thank you for the assist and please, whatever suggestions or comments is well appreciated.
tryton
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Credit card processing

Postby swirlee » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:05 pm

tryton wrote:Or would it be a whole lot easier and worth the money to use a company like Verisign??

To do it right (e.g. safe, secure, and reliable for the sake of your customers), you either need a team of a few very (very) experienced developers including at least one security expert, or you should just go with an established, trusted solution like Verisign (despite their merger with Network Solutions.. *sigh*). I, personally, would never trust myself to develop a good solution on my own (at least not until I've got my degree ;)), and definitely go with an established, trusted product.
swirlee

Security

Postby ruturajv » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:45 pm

To enable credit card transactions it is necessary to move on to a secured port 443 which shoul be using SSL.
This will help to encrypt all the data that is moved on the net.
Furhter you need to get a digital certificate for your site domain, eg mydomain.com from a CA(Certificate Authority) like verisgn, thwate, etc.
It is quite a task to perform :!: :o
ruturajv
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Postby tryton » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:15 pm

Thank you both for your responses.
tryton
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => General