PHP4 Script I believe

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: egami, macek, gesf

JamieLee2k
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Hello,

Before I start I would like to say Thanks for having me in this forum and I have next to zero knowledge in coding, but I do understand what some things mean.

I was digging threw my old discs the other day and found a script in which I want to try and recreate a website I did many moons ago, its a Tournament Ladder Script and it was written for PHP4 I believe, now fast forward to today and the script doesn't work, its not a large script (only 15 php files & 1 sql file) Is there anything I can do to get this script either working or upto date to work with not only php5 or 7 (not fussed) but to also get it working with MySQL?

I have a link to the files herehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing and if you wish to download the zip file here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tra5s5 ... sp=sharing

So here is what I know of this script, it was made in 2003 (hense why I think it doesn't work with php5+) and the owner of the software isn't around to answer any questions or update it. (why would he after 15 years)

When I try to run the php install file I get this error:
Warning: require(../../init/db.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp64\www\tourney\tourney_install.php on line 14

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '../../init/db.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp64\www\tourney\tourney_install.php on line 14

When I try to install the sql file in phpMyAdmin I get this error:
Error
SQL query:

# English translation of fields:
#
# nazwa - name
# data - date
# gra - game
# typ - type
# grupy - groups

CREATE TABLE info (
id int(11) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
nazwa varchar(30) NOT NULL default 'Turniej',
data varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
gra varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
status varchar(2) NOT NULL default '1',
typ varchar(3) NOT NULL,
grupy3 int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
grupy4 int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
grupy5 int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY(id)
)
MySQL said: Documentation

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'id'

chorn
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 pm

so you got definite error messages. what did you try to solve them?