sessions

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

net_virgin
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

sessions

Postby net_virgin » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:00 am

Hi,

I am running an iis server with some dotnet code on it which i have inherited.
I have also installed php on to this server, as I prefer it.

My question is can a php page query a session variable created by the .net page, and how can i make this work? similarly vice versa - but i imagine if i get it working one way this should be relatively easy.

The php and aspx pages will obviously be on the same domain and same filesystem.

Currently i don't get any errors if I try to enter in php sessions, but they don't seem to be available on the next php page. dotnet session run fine inside other dotnet pages.

Thanks for helping

liquedus
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Postby liquedus » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:31 pm

.NET is for profit, PHP is not, I would be surprised if you could get anything to work together since microsoft is not likely to promote use of a product that they cannot generate profit from....

swirlee

Postby swirlee » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:51 pm

My, aren't we feeling vindictive tonight, liquedus.

I must apologize, net_virgin, but we don't get a lot of .NET questions here. You might get an answer, but it's not likely, simply because most of us are not fans of the framework and its related products. We prefer PHP for reasons that are discussed at length elsewhere.

Sorry we can't be of more help, but I assure you that most of us are not nearly so.. zealous.. as liquedus.

And for the record, liquedus, Zend, Inc., the company that oversees the development of PHP, is indeed a for-profit company, and a rather successful one at that.

Return to “PHP coding => General”