Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

How to find a static variable

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

How to find a static variable

Postby robertstone » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:56 pm

I am looking at an old bug tracking system that my work uses. It was written a long time ago by someone who is no longer here. I can't seem to find where a static/global variable, that contains a keyed array, that is used in a lot of the classes, originates. I need to find this variable so I can modify the array. Can someone tell me the easiest way to find this variable.

I tried using an IDE with a debugger to step into where the variable is set, but the variable is only used inside smarty template classes (a combination of html and php) so I can't step into it from there. I really can't go through every single class to find the variable either, because there are just so darn many of them.

HELP!!!!!!!!
robertstone
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: How to find a static variable

Postby robertstone » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:33 am

Well I figured it out for myself, but thanks to those who read my post even though no one replied. It turned out that there is a template_helper.php class which has an array of global arrays. The array of properties that I was looking for is in that array of global arrays.

I used a search function in a free php ide called tsWebEditor that allowed me to search the text in all files in a directory.

Array of global property arrays; what a stupid design!!!!!!!! :-x
robertstone
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => General