Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

If statement using javascript inside php

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

If statement using javascript inside php

Postby nubeeei899 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:15 pm

I want to hide div "mySelect" if Emp_ID is <2000, but it seems it confusing because I have to write getElementById('mySelect') using single quote, for php which is end of echo string while my script continues, without singlequote javascript doesnt work? don't know what to do/?>

Code: Select all
               <?php
      $result = mysqli_query($con,"SELECT Employee.L_name,....Employee ON Users.Emp_ID=Employee.Emp_ID WHERE username='{$_SESSION['username']}';");

$row = mysqli_fetch_array($result);

if ($row['Emp_ID'] <2000)
         echo '<script type="text/javascript"> document.getElementById(mySelect).style.display = "none";</script>';
      else
         echo '<script type="text/javascript"> document.getElementById(mySelect1).style.display = "none";</script>';
   ?>

nubeeei899
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: If statement using javascript inside php

Postby adicooldude » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:32 am

hi ,

try this it works .

include your 'div' before including php script

Code: Select all
if (200 <2000)
   echo "<script type='text/javascript'> document.getElementById('mySelect').style.display='none';</script>";
else
   echo "<script type='text/javascript'> document.getElementById('mySelect1').style.display='none';</script>";
adicooldude
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: If statement using javascript inside php

Postby seandisanti » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 pm

The better solution would be to add 'AND Emp_ID>=2000' to your query. That way you don't waste resources collecting and presenting unwanted records to then hide them. If you don't want to go that route, let me know and I'll show you another example that doesn't involve code duplication like the one already presented.

A good rule of thumb to avoid messy code is that if you're writing the same thing twice, you're writing it too many times.
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to PHP coding => General