Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

Background-size creating problem with IE7,8

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Background-size creating problem with IE7,8

Postby phpkiller » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 am

Put this property in your style area:

<div style="background:#fff url('./images/urbanner.jpg') no-repeat center bottom; background-size:96%; border:0px; padding:30px 0; line-height:68px; filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='./images/urbanner.jpg',sizingMethod='scale');"></div>
phpkiller
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Background-size creating problem with IE7,8

Postby seandisanti » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:20 am

That's because IE 7 & 8 are the devil. Lol. caniuse.com lets you check what css elements work well (or don't) in various browsers. I've faced this same issue before, and i think i actually overcame it using an image tag with a low z index and the size that I wanted. I don't do anything to accommodate 7 anymore though.
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: Background-size creating problem with IE7,8

Postby phpkiller » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:46 am

seandisanti wrote:That's because IE 7 & 8 are the devil. Lol. caniuse.com lets you check what css elements work well (or don't) in various browsers. I've faced this same issue before, and i think i actually overcame it using an image tag with a low z index and the size that I wanted. I don't do anything to accommodate 7 anymore though.

Your idea is also appreciating...
phpkiller
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => General