Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

Overlaying .png to a background .gif?

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Overlaying .png to a background .gif?

Postby LimitBreaker15 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Could someone help me? I'm new to php programming and have no clue on doing this.

Basically, I need a simple code that would display an image, with a moving .gif as the background, overlay'd with a transparent .png. I'm planning on using it as an updating signature... so naturally, I would make the code write something on the .png I'll be overlaying and update it around 30 minutes.

Someone? It'll be very much appreciated...
LimitBreaker15
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Overlaying .png to a background .gif?

Postby seandisanti » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 am

Assuming you've got your transparency on th png setup and everything you can use z-index and absolute positioning with css to stack the images. W3schools has good CSS primers to help if you need more info
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: Overlaying .png to a background .gif?

Postby LimitBreaker15 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 am

I don't see how CSS would help me if I plan on creating a automatic-updating signature... or are you saying I should combine it with PHP? Please elaborate :oops:

Edit: Oh right, I host those kind of signature and embed them on a forum through BBcode with the url "http://xxx.xxxxxxx.xxx/sig.php". If I'd use CSS, how will that work?
LimitBreaker15
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => General