Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

Need help - How do I increase the size/width of my webpage?

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Need help - How do I increase the size/width of my webpage?

Postby pierrelepage » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:03 pm

My website isn't wide enough and currently looks too small on users computer screens.

I was wondering if there is a quick fix to resolve this? I'm not very advanced with coding and only know the very basics. I would really appreciate any advice/instructions.

Thanks
pierrelepage
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Need help - How do I increase the size/width of my webpa

Postby ishwardgret » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Hello,
Increasing webpage is a design portion u have to edit ur html or css code for this during the course of action ur original resolution of page can be changed. images in ur website can look like stretched so better plz first create a psd file of ur new design and accordingly maintain ur width size of ur page.

thank you
ishwardgret
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Need help - How do I increase the size/width of my webpa

Postby seandisanti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 am

Responsive design is what you're looking for, so you can make sure your website fits regardless of the device or resolution being used. Html goodies has a great little tutorial http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css/i ... eries.html which shows how you can style your page differently depending on the display capabilities of the device viewing it.
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to PHP coding => General