Help! Programming a 'fake' money management script

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Help! Programming a 'fake' money management script

Postby Alexbt » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:25 pm

I posted this in the Job section, but I think I might be able to do most of the work myself with a little help, maybe (I'm a bit new to PHP), so let me explain what I want to do.

I'm trying to setup a system on my board's roleplaying forums that lets our users exchange a fake-in-board currency (Rings).

What I want it to do is allow users to login, and just trade their fake money around. Each user would get a starting balance of $20,000 and it would deduct from that.

(Does anyone know of a script that might do the trick, so I might not need to do this myself?)

It does not need to make use of the board's user system. Accounts would be added by an admin.

I figure that I'll need some kind of login system; just a few fields in a SQL database, and just some little trick that will take money out of the account and move it to another. Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated.

New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby shainegordon » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:18 pm

what about using a (select * from users where user=user1 and user=user_to_get_money) and then just add and subract to each user, ie subtact 20rings from user1 and add 20rings to user_to_get_money in there money field of the db.

Return to “PHP coding => General”