Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

Help! Programming a 'fake' money management script

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Help! Programming a 'fake' money management script

Postby Alexbt » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:25 pm

Hi.

I posted this in the Job section, but I think I might be able to do most of the work myself with a little help, maybe (I'm a bit new to PHP), so let me explain what I want to do.

I'm trying to setup a system on my board's roleplaying forums that lets our users exchange a fake-in-board currency (Rings).

What I want it to do is allow users to login, and just trade their fake money around. Each user would get a starting balance of $20,000 and it would deduct from that.

(Does anyone know of a script that might do the trick, so I might not need to do this myself?)

It does not need to make use of the board's user system. Accounts would be added by an admin.

I figure that I'll need some kind of login system; just a few fields in a SQL database, and just some little trick that will take money out of the account and move it to another. Any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Alexbt
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby shainegordon » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:18 pm

what about using a (select * from users where user=user1 and user=user_to_get_money) and then just add and subract to each user, ie subtact 20rings from user1 and add 20rings to user_to_get_money in there money field of the db.
shainegordon
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => General