Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

create post in page and publish from page

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

create post in page and publish from page

Postby gandhitexas » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 am

in wordpress i have a page called user page -i want to create a post in that user page with all the usual title,add post,tag,category and then "submit for review " button .the posted material from the user page has to arrive at my admin from there i need to publish

i do not want any plug in for this ;none is working fine.this is my exact requirement .

what is the code for this ? where should i paste it ? plz tell me the code and the exact path
gandhitexas
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: create post in page and publish from page

Postby simplypixie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:20 am

You can't - in Wordpress, a page is a page and a post is a post - you can't create a post within a page. If you have a posts category called User then you can obviously link your post to that category. Or if you want to add text to your existing User page and link through to a more detailed poast, you can do that as well.
simplypixie
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Re: create post in page and publish from page

Postby seandisanti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:23 pm

You can, but no one is going to just up and write the code for you. In the mysql database that drives wp, there is a posts table. Contained therein are your posts. Creating a post is as simple as creating a valid record in that table. Writing to a mysql database is trivial and there are a lot of examples on these forums.
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to PHP coding => General