Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => Mail

Admin send email to customer via form

the mail() function

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Admin send email to customer via form

Postby esoteric » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:38 am

Hi.
I'm trying to write a simple html/php form which i fill in and it will send an email.

When a customer sends me a order form instead of having to write each reply manually i want a form on my website which i will password protect to send mail. It needs to be a form that i can fill in the text fields then hit send to email it too the 'customer email' address.

customer email: [text field] (this is who the email will get sent too)
customer name: [text field]
order number: [text field]
message: Thank you .. blah blah (standard message that will be sent to everyone)

your username [text field]
your password [text field]

I know the the above may look confusing but its hard to explain and im not that good at scripting so any help would be more than appreciated, been searching everywhere, there seems to be a ton of 'contact us' style forms where someone can send the website an email but im looking for the opposite where i send out a email 'template' and all i need to so i fill in a few text fields which will be the customer email addy, and two bits of info which is a username and password.

Really appreciate any help, need to get this done and can't figure it out with my terrible php skills.
Thank you.
esoteric
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Admin send email to customer via form

Postby keith » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 am

how good are you at coding
could you not use a simple form to email and change the values to add in an email address on the sending.php
use htaccess to lock the page down

have a look at http://www.ibdhost.com/contact/
keith
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby esoteric » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:34 am

Im awful at coding to be honest, im trying but it not sinking in.

That script is for client to send mail to me (the website) isn't it? i need it the other way around but don't know how to specify what email to send it too

I have set up a little admin area on my site. My site works by people browsing, buying and sending an order form which then manually read. What i want to do is have a simple way to send emails back to the customer with all the details on how to complete the order. Rather than opening up my email client a typing it all in a pretty unprofessional looking way there must be a way to create a form where i just fill in the options instead?
esoteric
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby keith » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 pm

What about using squirrelmail or roundcube, ftp upload and then you can use this web interface to receive and send emails?
keith
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => Mail