Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => Images

JPG file-info ??

images php coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

JPG file-info ??

Postby H22H » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:16 am

Hi

While using photoshop for editing images, I'm usually using the File -> Info File dialog and write a details about the pictures such as the name of the photographer and the occasion and the date , ....

These information saved into the JPG file , and if I opened the JPG file again with photoshop I can see these details ...

My Quesion is :

How can I read / get these information form the JPG file using PHP code ??

This is the base of coding a Photo Archive Seach Engine ....

Thanks
H22H
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby swirlee » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:38 am

This is called EXIF data, and the easiest way to read it is with the EXIF extension. If you're in a hosting situation where you can't install/enable the EXIF extension, then you might try the PHP EXIF Library.
swirlee

Postby H22H » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your help ...

But most of my pictures were built using Photoshop 6.0 , and I was shocked when I was not able to read the Keyword, Description from these files !!

But when I opened a picture with Photoshop 7.0 and just save it again I was able to get/read the Keyword, Description from these files !!

How can I read these data from the pictures that were saved using Photoshop 6.0 ?? It is a disaster if need to resaving all pictures using Photoshop 7.0

Thanks
H22H
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => Images