Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => Images

Output images in document

images php coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Output images in document

Postby jpgalea » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:05 am

I am inserting images using the blob command into my mysql database.
I then want to output other data (text) together with the image.
The idea is that of having organisation details together with a logo of each organisation. However I cant manage to display the images (only the binary data is displayed as a series of characters). I know I have to use headers to display the images however that would block the text I have to display, therefore im stumped as to what is the solution of this problem is. Any help would be very much appreciated :help:
jpgalea

Postby ruturajv » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:48 pm

you NEED a different script that outputs a different Content-Type
as in your case "image/jpeg|gif|png"
ruturajv
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Postby jpgalea » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:30 am

Ok but would that display the text as well? My script outputs images correctly but the problem is that it is designed for outputting just images. Therefore when text is inserted the whole thing doesnt work. Sorry if im missing something but I cant figure it out yet
jpgalea

Postby swirlee » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:07 am

A single script cannot return both text and binary (e.g. image) data. If you want a script that outputs an image, it must do only that. If you want a script that outputs text, it must do only that. You can't have both at once. If you want both, you need two scripts.
swirlee

Return to PHP coding => Images