Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => Images

PHP and image manipulation

images php coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

PHP and image manipulation

Postby jcflyfishin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Hello there. I've been learning php as a hobby for a little over a year now and I am now at the point when I need to increase my knowledge. I have made an image/photo album script that works with mysql, but I would like to be able to resize the images automatically.

I have done some research and found many solutions including something that I'm hoping some of you are familiar with called: imagemagick.

I just wanted to ask a couple questions if yall have time. Do those of you who do a lot of work with images use these classes or whatever you call them? If so are there others you prefer? From what I understand the online documentation is a good way to go in learning imagemagick though it would be nice if you guys or gals know of any actual books that go into php manipulation of images?

Hope this isn't an annoying post, just trying to maximize my learning efficiency and not go down a road if you know of a better one. Thank you much. Take care
jcflyfishin
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: PHP and image manipulation

Postby egami » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:33 am

I don't do a whole lot with images, and when I do, I simply go to php.net and use the online documentation to do what I need it to do.

Sorry I'm not much help in that department.

Perhaps a google search will help a little bit more than I did.
egami
php-forum GURU
php-forum GURU

Return to PHP coding => Images