Help

Security issues related to php and mysql usage. How to make your code secure? Security measures and configurations? It's all in here!

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

ICreate
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Help

Postby ICreate » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:36 am

First, I'm a front end designer familiar with html & css...and a little javascript.

I PAID a programmer from India to do some php coding on theses sites. Everything worked out fine...until I asked him to bid on a bigger project in which he lost to another programmer. In anger, he some how deactivated all of the php work he had done on the previous sites he worked on with me. Below is a brief description of the work he did:

*created a login page
*created a backend used as a "Document Vault" where users can log in and download files
*created a sortable heading table
*php drop down menus

After a lengthy discussion with him, I talked him into fixing everything. I told him I will never work with him again or give him anymore jobs until he fixes it. He fixed it.

A couple of things he said that may be helpful to figuring out what he did:
*He never logged on to the server (passwords were changes anyway so he couldn't even if he wanted to)
*I could pay another programmer to fix the simple bugs (during the heat of our argument, before I convinced him to fix it)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much, in advance

macek
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Re: Help

Postby macek » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Write me PM ;-)

andrewx
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Help

Postby andrewx » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:04 am

Hey,
If you need to help related for any data base security
So i can suggested you a good IT security training.

Return to “PHP & MySQL Security”