Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP General

I need help finding this type of search engine

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

I need help finding this type of search engine

Postby BurN » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:52 pm

Hello. I'm kinda new to php. I've been looking around for search engines for my website.

The type of search engine that i'm looking for, the kind i need help from you guys if you know or have the script, is

I want it to search files i have on my website. The files are basically zip file.. I dont want the search engine to search my whole website. I want it to display like the date it was made.. a downlaod link, a screenshot of it... stuff like that.

Do you guys know of a php search engine script that can do this?
If you dont understand what I meant, ask me and i can explain it better.
BurN
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: I need help finding this type of search engine

Postby swirlee » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:41 pm

BurN wrote:I want it to display like the date it was made.. a downlaod link, a screenshot of it... stuff like that.

You're not looking for a search engine. You're looking for a content management system. However, there are many CMSs that will catalogue a directory or a tree of files and allow you to associate a title, keywords, description, and screenshot with each file, and allow users to search by keyword. So far as I know, though, there is no product that will automatically get a screenshot "of it", whatever "it" may be, unless "it" is an image. As I'm in the middle of cooking dinner, I'll direct you to Google where you might try searching for something like "php file manage".
swirlee

Postby BurN » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:27 pm

thanks you so much. That's really a big help. No wonder I couldnt find a search engine to fit that description :D

As far as the screenshot I dont want it to get one for itself, I can provide the screenshot.

I found a website ( http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_a ... index.html , to be exact )

Do you have any that you could recommend, that fits my description. As i said I am really new at this, and seeing big words that I dont understand really scare me :D .
If you dont thats ok, you've helped me a lot.
BurN
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby swirlee » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:15 am

Give this page a try: Download Systems. I just skimmed the first page and they all seem to approximate what you're after. There are seven pages in total, so I figure you're bound to find one that'll handle searching and screenshots.
swirlee

Return to PHP General