Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP General

From windows to linux

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

From windows to linux

Postby leigh » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:34 pm

Hi all

I've just started to play around with php and have fallen at the first hurdle :cry: Hopefully someone might have an answer to my problem.

I created a couple of php pages on a windows machine that simply extracted data from a MySQL db and displayed the results in a tabular form. I limited the query results using the LIMIT sql statement so I could limit the results to 10 per page (with next and previous etc). All worked fine until I installed php 4.3.2 on my linux box and transferred the php pages over. The pages display the results from the query but when I use the 'next' or 'previous' functions the page does not change.

At first I thought it was my code, so I searched for some equivalent code elsewhere, but the same thing happened. This leads me to think that it may be a php.ini configuration??

Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Leigh
leigh
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby daveyboy » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:06 am

If this is a new installation of php, then it sounds like it could be...

I presume your just passing some variable in the url to instruct the script what to display?

after php 4.2 any of the variables posted in a form, or passed in a url are not registered (so you can't access $variablename).

you can either use the $_POST and $_GET arrays to find your variables, or you can change the register_globals configuration setting in php.in to:

register_globals = On

or just uncomment it if it's already there.

Hope that helps :D
daveyboy
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP General