Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP General

make windows 7 genuine

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

make windows 7 genuine

Postby zuhilara » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:14 am

How to access windows 7 in a different partition? I recently had lots of computer problems and I had to reinstall windows 7 on my computer. I installed it on a different partition so now I have 2 windows 7 both on different partitions. So I want to activate my old windows 7 (labeled windows) because it had all my stuff. But I can't seem to access it, I tried many things like clicking F8 but I only could access the new windows 7. Please help!
zuhilara
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: make windows 7 genuine

Postby seandisanti » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 am

Not really a PHP OR WAT question, but will try to help. What's going on is your new install is a bootable partition, and your old is apparently not. You should be able to go to disk management and mount that partition with a drive letter to access your old files. At that point you can either copy what you need and then blow out the partition and extend your main partition, replacing the files you want to keep, or you can just remove the windows crap from the other partition, and have all of your old data on the G: drive or whatever.
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to PHP General