Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP General

Txt convert to PHP

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Txt convert to PHP

Postby Andersdk98 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi guys. I had a php file and had to edit it. Then i clicked open with "notepad" and then i couldn't change it back to open in php form. That really sucks and i need some help..

I've already tried to to rename the file "Filename.php" but that doesn't work. and i clicked "all files"..

:help:
Andersdk98
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Txt convert to PHP

Postby seandisanti » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm

It sounds like you've set a file association for the .php extension to notepad. That shouldn't stop you from being able to navigate to the file in your browser by going to localhost/whatever/filename.php but if you are wanting to be able to just double click to open the file in your browser, you can just right click on a php file, choose open with, then 'choose program' and then select your browser, and make sure the checkbox at the bottom to "always open with selected program" is checked. That said, you are not going to see what you expect if you open it in your browser without navigating to it. if you want the php to actually be procssed, you need to navigate to it as a page through the webserver, instead of as a file on your drive. Otherwise the php is not pre-processed and your browser will render it poorly at best.
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to PHP General