Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP General

Sortable table

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Sortable table

Postby RockOfVictory » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:32 pm

This seems to be one of the largest PHP sites. I really don't know much about php and should probably buy a book about it. :oops: However....

I'm wondering if it would be pretty simple to set up a sortable table. I would like to set up the <table> I have on my http://zepfanman.com/bibleinf.html page so that a user can sort by each column (like mail.yahoo or hotmail does for example). Again, I only know a few <? statements and don't know how to integrate it with MySQL and stuff. My website is on One2host.com and it does support php, but I don't know about any other setups that may be necessary for what I need to do. Please let me know, or if you have any other php forums you could suggest. :roll:
RockOfVictory
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Redcircle » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:49 pm

Ok, you don't know PHP so explaining in detail would probably be a waste of time.

I will tell you how I would do it and hopefully you can get somewhere.

I would use arrays and sort the arrays.
http://www.php.net/array

You can also look for tutorials at http://www.devshed.com or php-builder.com

also I could probably put something together for you very cheaply. Let me know. tim@angrymosquito.com
Redcircle

Postby RockOfVictory » Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:11 pm

I thought I'd throw out another post here just in case anyone else has any quick tips for this beginner's issue I'm having. :?

I'll probably see if Redcircle can do some of the dirty work for me, but again; I'm hoping there is not a whole lot to set up in terms of sql or the database itself. I'm not hosting my website on my own computer, so I would like to keep it pretty simple. If you'll look at the table I want sorted on my site, it is not something that I will be updating very often - so it's not complex. However, will this php table be able to keep the links or any other html I have in each cell?

Thanks again, my expert friends. I am a computer science major in college right now, so this shouldn't be too hard for me once I understand how to set it up.
RockOfVictory
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Sortable tables w/out MySQL?

Postby RockOfVictory » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:18 pm

I'd have to start paying extra for MySQL on my site if I wanted to use it. Can you do any simple database management solely with php (like this sortable table I'm trying to do)?
RockOfVictory
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP General