Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP General

PHP Editors

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

PHP Editors

Postby elitecodex » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:53 am

Im looking for a PHP editor that is good. I only request that is support sytanx coloring (which almost every editor does now anyway), not too-many features; but the important item that I need is to automatically upload my files using FTP. I would like to use DzSoft, bu I dont think that works with PHP does it?

If anyone has some suggestions, past experiences, recommendations, etc, please let me know. Im currently using Dreamweaver MX and its a memory hog and bundled with more options than i need (not to mention the trial runs out in a week) :)

Will
elitecodex
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: PHP Editors

Postby WiZARD » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:35 am

elitecodex wrote:Im looking for a PHP editor that is good. I only request that is support sytanx coloring (which almost every editor does now anyway), not too-many features; but the important item that I need is to automatically upload my files using FTP. I would like to use DzSoft, bu I dont think that works with PHP does it?

If anyone has some suggestions, past experiences, recommendations, etc, please let me know. Im currently using Dreamweaver MX and its a memory hog and bundled with more options than i need (not to mention the trial runs out in a week) :)

Will

Hello Will!
You can use some like PHPEd for your reason this program not only upload files at FTP and check your code. Once more that this programm writed at PHP 3.0 in PHP 4.x this workin only like editor....

P.S. I.think what you nee still use DreamWeaver in nex time - Nice programm. I use this too :wink:
WiZARD

Postby axiom » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:43 am

Will,
Try UltraEdit. Very fancy, FTP included and it's shareware.

http://www.ultraedit.com
axiom
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: PHP Editors

Postby WiZARD » Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:15 am

elitecodex wrote:Im looking for a PHP editor that is good. I only request that is support sytanx coloring (which almost every editor does now anyway), not too-many features; but the important item that I need is to automatically upload my files using FTP. I would like to use DzSoft, bu I dont think that works with PHP does it?

Will

PHP Coder is RULEZ!!!!
http://www.phpide.de/

but only under Windows
WiZARD

Postby axiom » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:22 am

Here is another free "heavy weight":

Maguma Studio Light for PHP version 1.0.0

http://www.insearchnow.com/index.php?l=download
axiom
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby DoppyNL » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:54 am

I use EditPadPro, wich is a normal text-editor with syntax-highlighting for PHP, HTML and a lot of other languages. (ftp-client not build in)
http://www.editpadpro.com

The Pro version isn't free, there is a free light version, but that one doesn't have syntax-highlighting...

Greetz Daan
DoppyNL

Postby elitecodex » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:24 pm

Ill give it a try. I have recently taken a liking to Zend Studio (for the sole reason that it allows you to debug a program using trace methods). But im always open to new software. Thanks for the suggestion

Will
elitecodex
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP General